Tuesday 23 August 2011

Vishnu Panjara stotram

by Mantra & shlokas on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 12:19pm
Vishnu Panjara stotram
(Prayer of the armour of Vishnu)

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

(This is a rare stotra addressed to Vishnu. It is actually a Kavacha and is supposed to be very effective in giving protection to us.)

Sri Ganesaya nama , Asya sri Vishnu panchara stotrasya Narada rishi, anushtup chanda, Sri Vishnu pramathma devatha, aham bheejam, soham sakthi, Om kreem keelakam, mama sarva deha rakshanartham jape viniyoga.

Salutations to Ganesa.

To the prayer of Vishnu’s armour , the sage is Narada, the meter is Anushtup, , the God addressed is Lord Vishnu , I am the root , soham (It is me) is the power , Om Kreem is the controller , and this is being chanted to protect all our body.

Mukhe Sri Vishnu Pramathma devathayai nama
Hrudaye aham bheejam, guhye soham Shakthi
Padayo Om sreem keelakam
Padagre Om hraam hreem hroom hraim hrom , hroum hraa ithi manthra,

In the face salutations to Lord Vishnu,
In the heart, I am the seed , in the private parts “I am he” is the power,
In the feet , Om sreem is the stopper,
At the end of the feet the chant is Om hraam hreem hroom hraim hrom , hroum hraa

Om Hraam Angushtabhyam nama
Om Hreem tharjaneebhyam nama
Om Hroom madhyamabhyam nama
Om Hrai Anamikabhyam nama
Om Hroum kanishtikanhyam nama
Om Hraa karathala kara prushtabhyam nama

Om Hram salutations by the thumb
Om Hreem salutations by second finger
Om hroom salutations by middle finger
Om Hrai salutations by fourth finger
Om Hroum salutations by little finger
Om Hram salutations by palm as well as back of hand.

Ithi Kara nyasa Thus rituals of hand

Adha Hrudhyaadhi nyasa
Now rituals of heart and others

Om Hraam hrudayayai nama
Om Hreem sirase swaha
Oh hroom shikayai vashat
Om hraim Kavachaya hoom
Om Hroum nethra thrayaya voushat
Om Hrah asthraya phat

Om Hraam salutations by the heart
Om Hreem salutations by the head
Om hroom salutations by hair of the head
Om Kraim salutations to the armour
Om Hrom salutations to the three eyes
Om Hrah salutations via arrow

Thus the rituals of the body

Aham Bheejja pranayamam Manthra thrayena kuryath
Now do the root Pranayama three times


Ithi Anga nyasa


Adha Dhyana
Now meditation

1.Paaram parasmath prakrathera nadhi mekham nivishtam bahudhaa guhaayaam,
Sarvalayam sarva characharastham namami Vishnu jagadheka nadham.

I salute lord Vishnu who is away from nature,
Existing alone, existing secretly in several ways,
Existing everywhere, existing in all beings ,
Which move and also which do not move,
And who is the only Lord of the world.

2.Vishnu pancharakam divyam sarva dukha nivaranam,
Ugra thejo maha veeryam sarva shathru nikrunthanam.

The holy armour of Vishnu cures all sorrows,
Has great light and is very powerful and destroys all enemies.

3.Tripuram daha manasya harasya brahmanoditham ,
Thadaham sampravakshyami Athma rakshakaram nrunaam.

This was taught by Lord Shiva who burnt the three cities to Lord Brahma,
And it provides protection to the soul of man and I would tell it now,

4.Padou rakshathu Govindo , jange chaiva trivikrama,
Ooru may Kesava pathu , katin chaiva Janardhana.

Let my feet be protected by Govinda and knees by Trivikrama,
Let my thighs be protected by Kesava and my hips by Janardhana.

5.Nabhinchavachyutha pathu guhyam chaiva thu Vamana,
Udharam Padma nabhascha prushtam chaiva thu Madhava.

Let my stomach be protected by Achyutha ,
Let my private parts be protected by Vamana,,
Let my navel be protected by Padmanabha,
And let my behind be protected by Madhava.

6.Vama parswam sthathadha vishnur , dakshinam Madhu soodhana,
Baahu vai vasudevascha hrudhi Dhamodhara sthadhaa.

Let my left side be protected by Vishnu,
Let my right side be protected by killer of Madhu,
Let my hands be protected by Vasudeva,
And let my heart be protected by son of Vasudeva.

7.Kandam rakshtathu Varaha , Krisnascha mukha mandalam,
Madhava karna mole thu Hrishikesascha nasikaam.

Let Lord Varaha protect my neck,
Let Lord Krishna protect my face,
Let Madhava protect my ears
And let Hrishikesa protect my nose.

8.Nethre Narayano Raksheth, lalatam Garudadwaja,
Kapalou Kesavo Rakshedh Vaikunta sarvathodhisam.

Let Lord Narayana protect my eyes,
Let the God with Garuda in his flag protect my forehead,
Let my cheeks be protected by Kesava ,
And let all the directions be protected by Vaikunta.

9.Sri vathasangascha sarvesham anganaam rakshako bhaveth,
Poorvasyaam pundarikaksha aagneyaam Sridhara sthadha.

Let he who has Srivathsa protect everywhere as well as all limbs,
Let he who has lotus like eyes protect my east,
Let my south east be protected by Sridhara.

10.Dakshine Narasimhascha Nairyathyaam Madhavo aavathu,
Purushothamo may varunyam , Vayayancha Janardhana.

Let my south be protected by Narasimha ,
Let my south west be protected by Madhava,
Let my west side be protected by Purushothama,
Let my north west be protected by Janardhana.

11.Gadhadarasthu koubheryaam , eesanyaam pathu Kesava,
Akase cha gadhaa pathu , Patale cha sudarshanam.

Let he who holds the mace protect my north side,
Let my north east protected by Kesava,
Let he who keeps the mace in his hand protect the sky,
Let he who holds he Sudarsana protect the patala*
*nether world.

12.Jale rakshathu Varaha , Sthale rakshthu Vamana,
Adavyaam Narasimhaschs , Sarvadha pathu Kesava

In the water let me protected by Varaha,
On the ground let me protected by Vamana,
In the forest let me be protected by Narasimha
And let Lord Kesava protect me everywhere.

13.Divaa rakshathu maam Suryo, Rathrou rakshathu chandrama,
Pandhaanaam durgaam rakshesth sarvameva Janardhana.

Let Sun protect me in the day and moon at night,
Let in all paths which are difficult , Janardhana protect me.

14.Jale Vishnu , Sthale Vishnu , Vishnu parvatha masthake,
Jwalamala kule Vishnu , sarvam Vishnu mayam Jagad.

Let Vishnu protect me in the water, in the shore and on top of mountain,
Let Vishnu protect me in the middle of fire as the entire world is full of Vishnu.

15.Sannadha sarva gathreshu pravishto Vishnu Panjara,
Vishnu panjara vishtoham vicharaami mahee thale.

The armour of Vishnu has entered all my limbs ,
And being fully filled with Vishu’s armour I am travelling all over the world.

16.Raja dware apadhe ghore sangrame shathru sangate,
Nadheeshu varane chaiva chora vyagra bhayeshu cha,
Dakini pretha bhootheshu bhayam thasya na jayathe.

Either in the palace gate , or in the middle of terrible war or when confronted by enemies,
In River or confronted by elephant or by thieves or fear due to tiger,
Or in presence of Dakini, ,ghost or devil, there would be no fear.

17.Roga vighna hathaschaiva brahmahaa guru thalpagaa,
Sthree hanthaa Bala ghathi cha surappoo vrashalipathi,
Muchyathe sarva papaebhyo ya padennathra samasya.

There is no doubt whatsoever that , he who reads this would get freedom,
Of the sins leading to diseases ,sin killing of Brahmin , sin raping the teacher’s wife,
Sins of Killing of women, Killing of children , drinking alcohol and taking wife from other caste.

18.Aputhro labhathe puthram , Dhanarthi labhathe dhanam,
Vidhyarthi labhathe Vidhyam , Mokshathi labhathe gathim.

He who does not have son will get a son, he who wants money will get money,
He who wants knowledge will get knowledge and he who wants salvation will get salvation.

19.Aapadho harathe nithyam , Vishnu sthothrartha sampada,
Yasthwidham padathe sthothram Vishnu panjaramuthamam,
Muchyathe sarva papebhyo , Vishnu lokam cha gachathi

He who reads this Vishnu Panjara prayer according to rules,
Understanding the meaning of this prayer would get rid of dangers daily ,
And he would get rid of all sins and go to the world of Vishnu.

20.Go sahasra phalam thasya vaja peya sathasya cha,
Aswamedha sahasrasya phalam prapnothi manava,
Sarva kamam labhed asya padennathra samsaya.

He who reads this without any doubt,
Would get the effect of giving away one thousand cows,
Doing one hundred Vajapeayas and one thousand Aswamedhas,
And also all his wishes would be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment