NAMO NAMO DURGE SUKH KARANI
NAMO NAMO AMBE DUKH HARANI
1. Chant the name of Goddess Durga, the bestower of happiness! Chant the name of Goddess Ambe, who Ends all miseries
NIRAKAR HAI JYOTI TUMHARI
TIHOUN LOK PHAILI OUJIYARI
2. The radiance of your light is infinite and all pervades all the three realms ; (the Earth, Heaven and the Nether World)
SHASHI LALAT MUKH MAHA VISHALA
NETRA LAL BHRIKOUTEE VIKARALA
3. Your face radiates like the moon and your mouth is huge. Your eyes have a red glow and You have a stern frown
ROOP MATOU KO ADHIK SOUHAVE
DARSHA KARATA JANA ATI SOUKH PAVE
4. Your have an enchanting image and the sight of your beautiful image ensure ultimate happiness to your devotees.
TOUM SANSAR SHAKTI LAYA KEENA
PALANA HEYTU ANNA DHAN DEENA
5. All the powers of the World rests in you and you are the provider of food and wealth for the Worlds survival
ANNAPOORNA HOUI JAG PALA
TUMHI ADI SUNDARI BALA
6. You are the mother Annopoorna, the nurtures of the whole universe at the same time you are the beautiful young woman of renowned beauty.
PRALAYAKALA SAB NASHANA HARI
TOUM GOWRI SHIV SHANKAR PYARI
7. You are the destroyer when the end is near while you are Gauri, the beloved wife of Lord Shiva.
SHIV YOGI TUMHRE GUN GAVEIN
BRAHMA VISHNU TUMHEIN NIT DHYAVEIN
8. Lord Shiva and other yogis praise you and chant your name Lord Brahma, Vishnu and other Gods meditation on You.
ROOP SARASWATI KO TOUM DHARA
DEY SUBUDDHI RISHI MUNINA UBARA
9. You appear in the form of Goddess Saraswati and grant wisdom to the sages.
DHARYO ROOP NARSIMHA KO AMBA
PRAGAT BHAYI PHAR KAR KHAMBA
10. O Goddess Ambe! You took the form of Narsimha,(to kill the evil king Hirannya kashyap) and appeared from the pillar.
RAKSHA KARI PRAHLAD BACHAYO
HIRANYAYKSH KO SWARGA PATHAYO
11. This way you protected Prahlad and sent Hiranyakashyap to Heaven as he was killed by you.
LAKSHMI ROOP DHARO JAG MAHIN
SHREE NARAYAN ANGA SAMAHIN
12. You appear in the world in the form of Goddess Lakshmi, O Goddess Lakshmi and are seen by the side of Shree Narayan.
KSHEER SINDHU MEIN KARAT VILASA
DAYA SINDHU DEEJEY MAN ASA
13. You reside in the ocean of milk, O godded, with Lord Vishnu, Please fulfill my wishes.
HINGALAJA MEIN TOUMHI BHAVANI
MAHIMA AMIT NA JAT BAKHANI
14. You are the Goddess Bhavani of Hingalaja. Your glory is beyond description.
MATANGI DHOOMAWATI MATA
BHUVANESHWARI BAGALA SUKHDATA
15. You are the Goddess Dhoomavati and Mata Matangi. You yourself appear in the form of Goddess Bhuvaneshwari and Bagalamukhi Devi to bestow happiness.
SHREE BHAIRAV TARA JAG TARANI
CHHINNA BHALA BHAVA DUKH NIVARINI
16. You come to redeem the wolrd of its ills by appearing in the form of Goddess Bhairavi, Tara and Chhinnamasta Devi.
KEHARI VAHAN SOHA BHAVANI
LANGOUR VEER CHALATA AGAVANI
17. O Goddess Bhavani, every gracefully on your steed, the Lion, The brave monkey (lord Hanuman) welcome you.
KAR MEIN KHAPPAR KHADGA VIRAJEY
JAKO DEKH KAL DAR BHAJEY
18. When You appear with your sowrd and cupel drawn in the fiery form, (Goddess Kali) Time too flees in fear.
SOHE ASTRA AUR TRISHULA
JASE OUTHATA SHATRU HIYA SHOOLA
19. Seeing you armed and with a trident in your hands, even the enemy is succumbed by pangs of fear.
NAGARKOT MEIN TOUMHI VIRAJAT
TIHOUN LOK MEIN DANKA BAJAT
20. You reside in Nagarkot too. Yours presence is there in all the three realms.
SHUMBH NISHUMBH DANUJ TOUM MARE
RAKTA BEEJ SHANKHANA SANGHARE
21. You killed the demons Shumbh & Nishumb and also slaged Rakta- Beeja, the demon who appeared in thousand forms.
MAHISHASUR NRIP ATI ABHIMANI
JEHI AGH BHAR MAHI AKOULANI
22. When the earth was distressed by the sins of Mahishasur.
ROOP KARAL KALIKA DHARA
SEN SAHITA TOUM TIN SAMHARA
23. You appeared in the form of Goddess Kali and killed him and his army.
PARI GARH SANTANA PAR JAB JAB
BHAYI SAHAY MATOU TOUM TAB TAB
24. Whenever the sags were distressed and troubled you always came to resource them.
AMARPURI ARU BASAV LOKA
TAB MAHIMA SAB RAHEY ASHOKA
25. Amarpuri, the divine abobe as well as other world remain sorrow less because of your continuous grace, O Goddess.
JWALA MEIN HAI JYOTI TOUMHARI
TOUMHEIN SADA POOJEY NAR NARI
26. Your grace and glory shine shree Jwalaji. Men and women always pray to you, O Goddess.
PREM BHAKTI SE JO YASH GAVE
DUKH DARIDRA NIKAT NAHIN AVE
27. Those you pray to you sincerely with loave and devotin are bereft of any unhappiness including poverty and grief.
DHYAVE TOUMHEIN JO NAR MAN LAYI
JANMA MARAN TAKO CHHOUTI JAYI
28. Those who meditate on you with concentration are able to escape the relentless cycle of birth and death.
JOGI SUR MUNI KAHAT POUKARI
JOG NA HO BINA SHAKTI TOUMHARI
29. All the yogis and sages are aware that without your grace and power they cannot establish link with the Divine.
SHANKARA ACHARAJ TAP ATI KEENHO
KAM KRODH JEET SAB LEENHO
30. Acharya Shankaracharya had once performed a penance which helped him to conquer his desires and anger.
NISHIDIN DHYAN DHARO SHANKAR KO
KAHOU KAL NAHIN SOUMIRO TOUMKO
31. But he only meditated on Lord Shiva and did no even pray to you for a moment.
SHAKTI ROOP KO MARAM NA PAYO
SHAKTI GAYI TAB MAN PACHITAYO
32. He was unable to gauge the power within you and when his powers vanished, only did he realize your glory and regretted having not prayed to you.
SHARNAGAT HOUYI KIRTI BAKHANI
JAI JAI JAI JAGADAMBA BHAVANI
33.He then sought refuge in you and chanted ‘victory, victory, victory to Thee, O Jagadambe Bhavani’.
BHAYI PRASANNA ADI JAGADAMBA
DAYI SHAKTI NAHIN KEEN VILAMBA
34.Then, O Goddess Jagadamba, you were pleased and restored his powers.
MAUKON MATOU KASHTA ATI GHERO
TOUM BIN KAUN HAREY DUKH MERO
35. O Mother! Severe afflictions distress me and no one except Your Honoured Self can provide relief please end my afflictions.
ASHA TRISHNA NIPAT SATAVEIN
MOHA MADADIK SAB BINSHAVEIN
36.Iam tortured by hopes and longings, O Mother. Desires and passions also plague me O Goddess.
SHATRU NASH KIJEY MAHARANI
SOUMIRON IKCHIT TOUMHEIN BHAVANI
37. Destroy my enemies, O Queen of Queens. I meditate on you with concentration, O Goddess Bhavani.
KARO KRIPA HEY MATOU DAYALA
RIDDHI SIDDHI DEY KARAHOU NIHALA
38.O, Mother have mercy on us and shower us with riches and powers to keep us happy.
JAB LAGI JIYOUN DAYA PHAL PAOUN
TOUMHRO YASH MEIN SADA SOUNAOUN
39. May I be receiving your grace and blessings through out my life, O Mother and may I sing your glory to all.
DURGA CHALISA JO NAR GAVEY
SAB SOUKH BHOG PARAMPAD PAVEY
40.Thus chanting the Durga Chalisa will help one to enjoy happiness and one can attain the highest state on death.
DEVIDAS SHARAN NIJ JANI
KARAHOUN KRIPA JAGADAMBA BHAVANI
41. Iam your worker, O Goddess, I ask for shelter, O Goddess have mercy on me.