Friday 1 July 2011

SRI PRATYANGIRA

SRI PRATYANGIRA

by Mantra & shlokas on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 3:53pm

Sri Pratyangira has been described variously in  various Tantras. Nikumbhila Devi, whom you mentioned, who was worshipped by Indrajit, Ravana's son, is none but Pratyangira.However, it is not that Prathyangira Devi did not support Indrajit's upasana but that bad karma took over. When bad karma takes over by virtue of bad actions in this and previous births, then no amount of upasana can save the person. This is to be understood properly. What then would be needed is to do more vigorous sadhana with true prayaschitta bhava.

What happened when Indrajit started to support his father's bad karma?- his own upasana became vyartha and Hanuman went ahead and destroyed Indrajit's worship modality(Kruthya-prayogam) This has nothing to do with Devi Prathyangira.You can substitute the Devi with any other divine shakthi.

It is said that even to this date, there is a particular spot where Indrajit started his worship for Nikhumbhala Devi and many a Tamil-Tantrics I know frequent that place.

Pratyangira is also seen as Mahasudarshana. While Kartaviryarjuna is an Avatara of Sudarshana Chakra, the Jwalavatara of Sudarshana is said to be Pratyangira.That is why it was easy for Karthaveeryaarjuna to do his upasana for Nikhumbhala Devi.

Many things run by Karma and rinanubandhana, Srinivas!

 One other legend which comes to my mind is that of  Lord Shiva  whoassumed the form of Sharabheshwara to calm Nrisimha. Sharabheshwara hugged Nrisimha tightly to calm him down but instead got wilder. Now, both Nrisimha and Sharabha startedcreating havoc!

Sri Mahatripurasundari Rajarajeshwari Devi then seeing this rigmarole, created the MahOgra rupa of Maha Pratyangira devi, with thousands of hands and thousands of lion faces.

This goddess, who is the most fierce form of Sridevi ever known, calmed both Nrisimha and Sharabha by a mere laughter and absorbed all their eenrgies. Thus, Pratyangira represents the summation of the Ugra and Tivra Shaktis of Shiva, Shakti and Narayana.

She holds in her, Sharabha, Nrisimha and Shakti.

Pratyangira Upasana is not a joke. I have repeated this often and to curious people in my group(see my older postings on the subject), dissuaded them from taking the upasana by merely seeing the ugra rupa and getting excited.
<span>She may be worshipped by reciting Pratyangira Rk(Paipaladeeyam) or by Tantrokta mantras for Brahmi, Narayani, Raudri, Ugra Kritya or Atharvana Bhadrakali Pratyangira. Of these, the most severe mantra is that of Atharvana Bhadrakali.</span>

The "ksh..." beejam and Prathyangira Stava-rajam are said to be especially very powerful as also prathyangira -ekaakshari.I refrain from giving out the mantra as even if I type them and someone reads them, it forms a bit of an initiation from me, which I want to avoid. Iam aware of the fact that some online sites(who have no idea what they are doing) and some books available in the mantra do reel out the mantras and beejas(however, I have seen that 99.95% have made one mistake or the other, which will overtime of cultivation by the reader give detrimental effects).

Sri Devi is also seen as the wife of Sharabheshwara, whose other wife is Shulini Durga. Pratyangira Upasana is generally possible by only those who have obtained Purna Diksha of Srividya as Pratyangira is the chief warrior goddess of Sri Lalita's army. Also for shamana(cooling Her) of the marmas after the upasana one needs to do certain mantras from the srividya lore, which can accrue upon only through an initiation.

One needs to be extremly cautious during Pratyangira Upasana. For every thousand recitation of her mantra, an equal number of Bala needs to be done. Some tantras also say that 1008 repetitions of Gayathri are needed for one mantra of prathyangira! Such is the puissance.According to Pratyangira Kalpa of Akasha Bhairava Tantra, equal number of Sharabha Japa is also necessary. The side effects of this mantra are severe.

In the words of Harshaji of Kamakoti Mandali:"To quote a personal example, every year during Shishira Ritu, Iundertake this purashcharana for a month. During this time, skin getscharred, eyes turn red, there is severe acidity and a sense of a hugeentity residing within. By the end of Purashcharana, it becomes sooverpowering that thousands of Bala mantra Japa becomes necessary tocalm Sri Paramba. Pratyangira Devi destroys all Abhicharas, Kritrimasand can break most of the known Krityas. Without complete guidancefrom an accomplished master, Pratyangira Upasana simply measn riskingone's life. The easier way is to worship Sri Lalitamba through thedivine Sahasranama. By simply doing this, one gets protection fromPratyangira, Sharabheshwara, Varahi and Martanda Bhairava".

Let me narrate one experience from my side too!

I used to frequent one Tantric in Chennai and finally after years of seva to Him, I learnt certain procedures for PrathyangirA, including a way to do a homa(using red chillies,cloves,etc). I have stopped doing it at the behest of my Srividya Guru who said "We have nothing to do with it".

During those days, I had one "friend" who was in business and he tempted me with good money and opportunities, to make me do a krithya for him. His intention was to decimate a guy in Indonesia. I said forthright, "I will not do such a thing, what harm has he done. Even if he has done some harm, it gives us no right to kill him, we have to bear our sufferings with a smile". I tried to instill some sense in him thus. But he would not listen and said "You have backstabbed me, Goodbye!". I just smiled and kept quite as he leaved in a huff.

Now, this guy acting very pious and humble had taken from me a prathyangira mantra, few weeks before the face-off. This person after the incident, used the very same mantra on me! Sitting and doing in the night a procedure given by me!

Can you attack your Guru?(Though, i never arrogate myself to the position of a guru, if I give a mantra to someone, I automatically become his Mantra-Guru atleast)

As I said before everything is determined by karma.

That night, I saw a hand(nakha-damshtra-yuktham) strangling my neck. I could see just a white light and the experience was really terrifying.I did not see the Devi and my voice was choked. I could not even think and started communicating with the "white-light-apparition-shakthi" athmically.

Following was the dialogue:
" Who are you, why do you strangle me?"
"Iam Prathyamgira, if I reveal to you, you will be burnt to cinders. Keep quite, Fool!"
" What wrong have i done? Why this strangulation?"
She then showed me a scene of this "friend" of mine doing the krura-kruthya on me.
I then realized what had happened.

I then said " Amma, to die in your hands is my bhagya. Many millions of years of my papa will be decimated by your mere touch.Iam a sinner, a total sinner and abhagyin, Iam thankful to  (my friends name) for doing this to me. Who will have the bhagya in this kaliyuga to see you so freely and still talk with you! It is verily your karuna...."
I could not speak for some time.
I felt the hand on my neck releasing a bit but the white light was still there.
I then spoke out aloud.

"Amma Amma Amma....nandri nandri(thankyou in tamil)....atheetha kripaa meedhi("your compassion is great"...in telugu...when emotional, a combination of Tamil, Telugu and English come)....But Amma, i gave the mantra to this guy and he is harming me because I rejected his request of using your mahashakthi for a nefarious purpose. Please burn me to cinders, if you think my statement is wee-bit wrong"

Lo behold! I could then see two eyes(very fierce and leonine) appear in the white light, looking at me very seriously as if to test my sincerity.

"ALRIGHT THEN, BLESS YOU"
And She turned back and I could see hoards of Her ganas behind Her shouting "PRATHAYNGIRA PRATHYANGIRA...PRATHYANGIRA..." And the white light disappeared, I could see a faint image of a human form but of a lion mane(from behind) walking away into AkAsA.
This happened @ 4 am-ish in Chennai, two years before my marriage.
Why was I attacked in the first place? Because, I had given the mantra to a shatha and dushta."Na shathaaya na dusthaaya...karhichit.."(Lalitha Sahasranama). This was my karmic angle.
What happened later? My "friend" was severely punished. He even tried to commit suicide by drinking Dettol because he had a "love-failure" and "business-failure".
But this taught me 5 lessons.
1. Guru's upadesha is to be followed
2. Never fall for sensationalism and the romance and mysticsm of tantra and lose your head.
3. Never give mantras to undeserving people.
4. Karma leaves none(including the Guru)
5. Don't play with ugra-Shakthi's too much, unless you know how to handle their energies.
With this caveats, please do your research on the deity and seek out a true upasaka and then take the initiation.
On the other hand, Lalitha sahasranama after panchadasi initiation will serve a purpose more than prathyangira upasana.
Srividya upasana is the ultimate. Dont forget this!

SRI PRATYANGIRA MAHA MANTRA.

"OM HREEM KSHAM BHAKSHA JVAALA JIHVEY PRATYANGIREY KSHAMHREEMHUM PHATT OM HREEM DHUM UTTHISHTA PURUSHIKIM SWABHISHI BHAYAM MEYSAMUPASTITHAM YATHI SHAKYAM ASHAKYAM VAA THANN MEYBHAGAWATHI SAMYASAMYA SWAHA DHUM HRIM OM"&

"OM APARAJEETHAYEH VITHMAHEYPRATYANGIRAYEH TEEMAHEY THANO UGRA PRAJOTHAYAATH...OM PRATAYANGIRAYEH VITHMAHEY SATHRUNISOOTHINIYEH TEEMAHEYTHANO DEVI PRAJOTHAYAATH..."
&
"OM Sarabheshwara Saantha Kaarini VidmaheUgra Narasimha Shakthi Swaroopini DheemahiThanno Sri Prathyangira Devi Prachodayaath "

Sri maha Prathyangira thevy is a powerful thevy who is said to destroyed Sarabeswar of ’s arrogance. Sarabeswara os a ugra avatar of Lord Shiva.She is also known as Narashimhika [ in KALISAHASRANAMA STOTRAM].She who is the ferocious half human and half lion of courage.

|| Sri Prathyangira maala mantra ||


Om nama krsna vaa'sase

Sadha sahasra kodi simmaasane

Sahasra vathane asdaatha sabuje maha bale

Maha bala balaakrame ajithe abaraajithe

Thevy Maha prathyangire prathyangirase

An'ya para karma vith thuvamsini

Para mantro chaadini

Para mantro saathini

Sarva bootha thamani

Ge'am Sa'um prem greem grom

Maam sarva ubathra vepya'ha

Sarva aapathyo raksha raksha

Raam greem Sreem grom

Sarva thevanaam mugam stambaya stambaya

Sarva viknam chinthi chinthi

Sarva thushdaan bakshaya bakshaya

Vakhtralaya jvaala jikve karaalavathane

Sarva yenthraani skodaya skodaya ;throdaya throdaya

Prathyasura samuthraan vithraavaya vithraavaya

Sam ravoothra moorthe

Maha Prathyangire, Maha Vithye, shaanthim kuru kuru

Mama sakthron bakshaya bakshaya

Om kraam kreem krum Jambe jambe

Mohe mohe Stambe stambe

Om kreem um'bat swaha

Om kreem eem gla'um sreem sa'um

Aim u'm krsna vasane

Sadha sahasra simma vathane

Ashdaatha sabuje maha bale

Sadha paraakrama poojithe

Ajithe abaraajithe thevy prathyangire

Para saiv'ya para karma vith'thuvamsini

Para manthra para yanthra para thanthra uch'chagini

Para vithya grasa gare sarva bootha thamani

Sham gla'um sa'um eem greem glim glaam iyek'kyegi

Prathyangire chitha chith'roobe

Sarva upathra vepya'ha

Sarva graga thoshepya'ha

Sarva logepya'ha

Prathyangire maam raksha raksha

Graam greem groom gra'im ra'um knaha

Shaam sheem shoom sha'im sha'um cha'ha

Glaam gleem gloom gla'im gla'um gla'ha

Prathyangire para bramha mahishi

Parama kaarunike 'ehi

Mama sarire aaveshaya aaveshaya

Mama grathaye skura skura

Mamaam shep praskura praskura

Sarva thoshtaanaam vaasham

Mugam vatham stambaya stambaya

Jikvaam keelaya keelaya

Uth'thim vinaashaya vinaashaya

Prathyangire maha kundalini chandrakala vathamsini

Vethaala vaagane prathyangire kabaala maala thaarini

Thrisoola pathraangushabaana

Baanasana paanipaathra buritham

Mama sathru sronitham biba biba

Mama sathrun maam samkaathaya kaathaya

Mama sathrun thaadaya thaadaya

Mama vairijanaan thaga thaga

Mama vithvesha kaarinam

See'krameba bakshaya bakshaya

Sri Prathyangire bakthakaarunike

See'krame vathayaam kuru kuru

Sathyo jvara jaakya mukthim kuru kuru

Vethaala bramma raaksha saathim jagi jagi

Mama sathrun thaadaya thaadaya

Praa'rabtha sanjitha priyamaanaan thaga thaga

Thooshagaan shakthyotheertha

Roga yukthaan kuru kuru

Prathyangire,praana sakthi maye

Mama vairi jana pranaan gana gana

Marthaya marthaya naashaya naashaya

Om sreem greem gleem sa'um gla'um

Prathyangire maha maaye

Thevy thevy mama vaanjitham kuru kuru

Maam raksha raksha Prathyangire swaha ||

23 comments:

  1. How is it that you can see her? I long to see Shiva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not 100 percent sure that i got it now - you wrote that it is not advisable to recite Sri Pratyangira mantras, especially with no upadesa, but anyway you published the mantras? am i missing something or these mantras can be used freely and are not in category of the non-advisable ones?
    thanks for the article and
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all,
    pls send me all about shri maa pratyangira devi coz i m highly affected by many enemies.My mail is vande_maataram1234@yahoo.com And jai_sindhu61@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great mantra. this mantra details known from morning mantra zee kannada sri sri laxmi srinivas.

    mh ravikumar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same as above...can I chant the mantras above and include them in my morning prayers without Upadesam ? I do not have a Guru
    Or shall I go to the Pratyankara DEvi temple in Sholingur and request the Archakar there to pray on my behalf ?I have been duped by a person of lakhs of rupees which, as a pensioner, I can not afford to lose.
    If more convenient, pls send me an e mail to ranga.thatha@gmail.com
    Thank you

    Rajan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kindly any one send me Sri. Pratyangira Devi mantras to chant daily to my e-mail address i.e., shiva.bil@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I contacted mr manu for my problems on his mobile number 9113976001...i had my horoscope checked and there was no problem as per horoscope..and i know from many years i have blackmagic problem...then i did nagaradhne prashna through bharath guruji of manu...
    I was amazed by closing eyed how guruji told everything about me and problems and enemies....it costed 5000 for nagaradhane prashne but was worth it
    Then i wanted to do prathyangira homa manu ji suggested nagendra bhat oratyabgura homa expert..i did it through them in my house it costed 25000...all my problem was solved..bo more blackmagic in my life..
    Jai jai pratyangira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please let me know the moola mantra of Ma Pratyangira Devi in my mail id aninditamishra@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. first Learn to do proper Gayathri Mantra.Without Gayathri, kindly not try to do Pratyangira mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If one is a Brahmin then one should do lot of Gayatri japam as then only do other japas.

    Gayatrim chandasam mata.

    Gayatri is mother of all the mantras.


    All the devatas get under control by doing this Gayatri upasana


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A true Brahmin is One who has Realized " Para Brahman" (The absolute reality) and is in state of Samadhi (Enlightened). The ones who claim to be Brahmins by Birth are just normal human beings with a White thread.

      "Chatur varnam Maya Srustwa Guna Karma Vibhagasaha"

      The 4 varnas were given to people by the nature of their work not by the birth.

      Delete
  11. Don't follow mantras in English.

    Mantras are in Sanskrit . would advise to use sanskrit books for same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please read this before you decide things: Ayyavadi Pratyangira, the Goddess adorned with Shree Chakra thaatanka/ earnings and has Aadi Moola Pralaya Bhadrakali on Her Hridayam. Read more at:
    http://blog.thitherwards.com/pratyangira/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its satha koti not satha kodi.may be tamil prounciation.my guru given narayani pratyangira mantra.its very powerfull.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for such type knowledge
    Can I chant it or not, if no then can
    I ask u for help

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for such type knowledge
    Can I chant it or not, if no then can
    I ask u for help

    ReplyDelete
  16. I m Ranjesh singh this time I m facing lots of problems . one of my younger brother die, I think may be some bad spiritual harm him, and he die because of he came to my nightmare and told me
    Can any bofy help me who is pujari maa
    Prtyngra devi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enter your comment...mantra please

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete