Tuesday 13 September 2011

OTHER GAYATHRI MANTRAS (miscellaneous or various gayathri mantras)

Sri Ganesa Gayatri
Om Lambhodaraya vidmaheMahodaraya deemahi Thanno danthi prachodayath. 

Om, Let me meditate on that god with broad paunch
Oh, God with a big belly, give me higher intellect,
And let the elephant faced one illuminate my mind.

Om Ekadanthaya vidmahe Vakrathundaya dheemahi Thanno danthi prachodayath. 

Om, Let me meditate on that one tusked God,
Oh, God with broken tusk, give me higher intellect,
And let the elephant faced one illuminate my mind.

Om Thatpurashaya vidhmahe Vakrathundaya dheemahi Thanno danthi prachodayath. 

Om, Let me meditate on that great male,
Oh, God with broken tusk, give me higher intellect,
And let the elephant faced one illuminate my mind.

Lord Shiva Gayatri
Om Tat Purushaya VidhmaheMahadevaya DheemaheThanno Rudra Prachodayath. 

Om, Let me meditate on the great Purusha,
Oh, greatest God, give me higher intellect,
And let God Rudra illuminate my mind.

Narayana Gayatri Mantra
Om Narayanaya VidhmaheVasudevaya DheemaheThanno Vishnu Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on Lord Narayana,
Oh, Lord Vasudeva, give me higher intellect,
And let Lord Vishnu illuminate my mind.

Rama Gayatri Mantra
Om Daserathaya VidhmaheSita Vallabhaya DheemaheThanno Rama Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the son of Dasaratha,
Oh, consort of Sita, give me higher intellect,
And let God Rama illuminate my mind.

Krishna Gayatri Mantra
Om Dhamodharaya VidhmaheRukmani Vallabhay DheemaheThanno Krishna Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the god whose belly was tied by a rope,
Oh, consort of Rukhmani, give me higher intellect,
And let God Krishna illuminate my mind.

Om Govindaya Vidhmahe
Gopi Vallabhaya DheemaheThanno Krishna Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the god who takes care of all beings,
Oh, darling of all gopis, give me higher intellect,
And let God Krishna illuminate my mind.

Venkateswara Gayatri Mantra
Nirnajanaya VidmaheNirapasaya DheemaheThanno Srinivasa Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the god who is eternal truth,
Oh, God who does not have attachments, give me higher intellect,
And let God Srinivasa illuminate my mind.

Narasimha Gayatri Mantra
Om Narasimhaya VidmaheVajra Nakhaya DheemaheThanno Narasimha Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the god who is the lion man,
Oh, God who has diamond claws, give me higher intellect,
And let God Narasimha illuminate my mind.

Hayagreeva Gayatri Mantra
Om Vaniswaraya VidmaheHaya Greevaya DheemaheThanno Hayagreeva Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the god of learning,
Oh, God who has a horse face, give me higher intellect,
And let God Hayagreeva illuminate my mind.

Sudharshana Gayatri Mantra
Om Sudharshanaya VidmaheMaha Jwalaya DheemaheThanno Chakra Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the holy wheel of Sudharshana,
Oh, Wheel which has great brilliance, give me higher intellect,
And let the wheel illuminate my mind.

Brahma Gayatri Mantra
Om Chathur mukhaya VidmaheHamasaroodaya DheemaheThanno Brahma Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the God with four faces,
Oh, God who rides on the Swan, give me higher intellect,
And let the Lord Brahma illuminate my mind.

Om Vedathmanaya vidmahe,Hiranya Garbhaya Dheemahi,Thanno Brahma prachodayath

Om, Let me meditate on The God who is the soul of Vedas,
Oh God, who holds the entire world within you, give me higher intellect,
And let the Lord Brahma illuminate my mind.

Subrahamanya Gayatri Mantra
Om That Purushaya VidhmaheMaha Senaya DheemaheThanno Shanmuga Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on that great male,
Oh, commander in chief, give me higher intellect,
And let the six faced one illuminate my mind.

Lakshmi Gayatri Mantra
Om Mahadevyaicha VidhmaheVishnu Pathniyaicha DheemaheThanno Lakshmi Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the greatest goddess,
Oh, wife of Lord Vishnu, give me higher intellect,
And let Goddess Lakshmi illuminate my mind.

Saraswathi Gayatri Mantra
Om Vakdeviyai cha VidhmaheVirinji Pathniyai cha DheemaheThanno Vani Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the goddess of speech,
Oh, wife of Lord Brahma, give me higher intellect,
And let Goddess Vani illuminate my mind.

Durga Gayatri Mantra
Om Kathyayanaya VidhmaheKanya Kumari cha DheemaheThanno Durgaya Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the goddess who is daughter of Kathyayana,
Oh, maiden Goddess, give me higher intellect,
And let Goddess Durga illuminate my mind.

Radha Gayatri Mantra
Om Vrishabhanujaye VidhmaheKrishna priyaya DheemaheThanno Radha Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the daughter of Vrishabhanu,
Oh, darling of Krishna, give me higher intellect,
And let Radha illuminate my mind.

Sita Gayatri Mantra
Om Janaka Nandinye VidhmaheBhumijayai DheemaheThanno Sita Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the daughter of Janaka
Oh, daughter of earth, give me higher intellect,
And let Sita illuminate my mind.

Devendra Gayatri Mantra
Om Sahasra nethrayeVidhmaheVajra hasthaya DheemaheThanno Indra Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the thousand eyed one,
Oh, Lord with Vajra as weapon, give me higher intellect,
And let Indra illuminate my mind.

Hanuman Gayatri Mantra
Om Aanjaneya VidhmaheMaha balaya DheemaheThanno Hanuman Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the son of Anjana,
Oh, Very strong one, give me higher intellect,
And let Hanuman illuminate my mind.

Aditya Gayatri Mantra
Om Bhaskaraya VidhmaheDiva karaya DheemaheThanno Surya Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the Sun God,
Oh, maker of the day, give me higher intellect,
And let Sun God illuminate my mind.

Om Aswadwajaya VidhmahePasa Hasthaya DheemaheThanno Surya Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the god who has a horse flag,
Oh, God who holds the rope, give me higher intellect,
And let Sun God illuminate my mind.

Chandra Gayatri Mantra
Om Kshira puthraya VidhmaheAmrithathvaya DheemaheThanno Chandra Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the son of milk,
Oh, essence of nectar, give me higher intellect,
And let moon God illuminate my mind.

Om Padmadwajaya VidhmaheHema roopaya DheemaheThanno Chandra Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on God who has lotus in his flag,
Oh, God of golden colour, give me higher intellect,
And let moon God illuminate my mind.

Angaaraka Gayatri (Mars)
Om veeradhwajaaya vidmahae vighna hastaaya dheemahi tanno bhouma prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has hero in his flag,
Oh, He who has power to solve problems, give me higher intellect,
And let the son of earth God illuminate my mind.

Budha Gayatri (Mercury)
Om gajadhwajaaya vidmahae sukha hastaaya dheemahi tanno budha: prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has elephant in his flag,
Oh, He who has power to grant pleasure, give me higher intellect,
And let Budha illuminate my mind.

Guru Gayatri (Jupiter)
Om vrishabadhwajaaya vidmahae kruni hastaaya dheemahi tanno guru: prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has bull in his flag,
Oh, He who has power to get things done, give me higher intellect,
And let Guru illuminate my mind.

Shukra Gayatri (Venus)
Om aswadhwajaaya vidmahae dhanur hastaaya dheemahi tanno shukra: prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has horse in his flag,
Oh, He who has a bow in his hand, give me higher intellect,
And let Shukra illuminate my mind.

Sanishwara Gayatri (Saturn)
Om kaakadhwajaaya vidmahae khadga hastaaya dheemahi tanno mandah: prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has crow in his flag,
Oh, He who has a sword in his hand, give me higher intellect,
And let Saneeswara illuminate my mind.

Raahu Gayatri
om naakadhwajaaya vidmahae padma hastaaya dheemahi tanno raahu: prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has snake in his flag,
Oh, He who has a lotus in his hand, give me higher intellect,
And let Rahu illuminate my mind.

Kethu Gayatri
om aswadhwajaaya vidmahae soola hastaaya dheemahi tanno ketu: prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has horse in his flag,
Oh, He who has a trident in his hand, give me higher intellect,
And let Kethu illuminate my mind.

Yama Gayatri Mantra
Om Surya puthraya VidhmaheMaha Kalaya DheemaheThanno Yama Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the son of Sun God,
Oh, great Lord of time, give me higher intellect,
And let God of death illuminate my mind.

Varuna Gayatri Mantra
Om Jala bimbhaya VidhmaheNila Purushaya DheemaheThanno Varuna Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the reflection of water,
Oh, person of ocean blue, give me higher intellect,
And let the God of water illuminate my mind.

Agni Gayatri Mantra
Om Maha jwalaya VidhmaheAgni devaya DheemaheThanno Agni Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the great flame,
Oh, God of fire, give me higher intellect,
And let the Fire God illuminate my mind.

Om Vaiswanaraya VidhmaheLaaleelaya DheemaheThanno Agni Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the flame that digests,
Oh, merger of all, give me higher intellect,
And let the Fire God illuminate my mind.

Garuda Gayatri
Om Thathpurushaya VidhmaheSuvarna Pakshaya DheemaheThanno Garuda Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on that great living being,
Oh, Bird with golden wings, give me higher intellect,
And let the God Garuda illuminate my mind

Nandi Gayatri
Om Thathpurushaya VidhmaheChakrathundaya DheemaheThanno Nandi Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on that great living being,
Oh, Lord of devas, give me higher intellect,
And let the God Nandi illuminate my mind

Prithvi Gayatri Mantra
Om Prithivi devyyaya VidhmaheSahasra murthaye cha DheemaheThanno Prithvi Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the goddess of earth,
Oh, Goddess who has thousand forms, give me higher intellect,
And let Goddess earth illuminate my mind.

Manmatha Gayatri Mantra
Om Kama devaya VidhmahePushpa vanaya DheemaheThanno Kama Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the God of love,
Oh, God who is the forest of flowers, give me higher intellect,
And let the God of love illuminate my mind.

Tulsi Gayatri Mantra
Om Tulsi devyai cha VidhmaheVishnu priyayai cha DheemaheThanno Brindah Prachodayath.
Om, Let me meditate on the Goddess of Ocimum, Oh, Goddess who is dear to Vishnu, give me higher intellect, And let Brindha[1] illuminate my mind.

Shirdi Sai Gayatri Mantra
Om Shirdi vasaya VidhmaheSachithanandaya DheemaheThanno Sai Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the God who lives in Shirdi,
Oh, God who is the ethereal truth and happiness, give me higher intellect,
And let that Sai illuminate my mind.

Sathya Sai Gayatri Mantra
Om Sri Sayeeswaraya VidhmaheSAthya Devaya DheemaheThanno Sarva Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the God Sai,
Oh, God who is the truth, give me higher intellect,
And let the God of everything illuminate my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment